[thelist] best way to verify successful record insertion

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Tue Aug 20 09:00:06 CDT 2002

>Date + autoID from DB insertion in main table of register + hourmin

My question would be, how long do you plan to keep the data? It sounds like
a one-time registration, which we do fairly often here as well. I've heard a
lot of people curse auto-number fields as primary keys, but I don't see any
problem with them, especially given a case like this.

Any auto-number has to be unique on the table, so ergo you automatically
have a unique user id...

-dave