[thelist] SQL - Field Types...

webshot at members.evolt.org webshot at members.evolt.org
Tue Aug 20 17:54:01 CDT 2002

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an expert at this...I'm learning as I go.

I use 'DOUBLE' with a length/set.

A DOUBLE must specify the mximum length and where the decimal is. So, in my
flower site database, all prices are DOUBLE (5, 2)...which means they are
decimal numbers that can have 5 digits and the decimal place is 2 digit from
the end (999.99 being the maximum possible value).

<tip>
MySQL Front is a pretty nice GUI to MySQL for Windows.
Found this article about it here:
http://www.devarticles.com/content.php?articleId=139&page=1
</tip>