[thelist] decimal places in PHP

Dave Stevens stem at stemofficial.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 20:36:01 CDT 2002

Hi again,

I have a variable, $shipping which is calculated from adding 3 other variables together - $shipW, $shipM and $baseS.

These 3 variables are pulled from a database where each of the corresponding fields are of the type FLOAT(10,2) - as per my question earlier.

However, when I tell the browser to display this $shipping variable, it knocks off any trailing zeroes, e.g:

shipping cost is £2.50, displayed as £2.5

Is there a way to get the cost displayed in the way I require?

Many thanks,
Dave Stevens