[thelist] Problem with floats and spacers

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Aug 22 01:28:00 CDT 2002

Thursday, August 22, 2002, 12:07:28 AM, you wrote:
> I'm using some floated divs nested in a container div,
> with spacers above and below the floated divs. The problem
> is that the spacer div is taking up space, and messing my
> design. If i set line-height to 0px, it works well in most
> browsers, but it breaks apart in IE5/Win. Setting the
> spacer height to 0 doesnt work, either. Is there a way out?

Is there a reason why the margin(-top) or padding properties
don't work with your layout? Seems that using divs to create
spacers might be a little extraneous.

Also, (even though it could potentially cause issues), you
can use negative values to cause things to 'overlap', but I
might consider that a last resort.

A shot in the dark.

--
Frank Marion,