[thelist] VPN

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Thu Aug 22 08:36:00 CDT 2002

Why not use something like PCAnywhere from Symantec?

Adrian Fischer wrote:

>Hi people,
>
>I am trying to establish a VPN from home to work. I want to be able to
>remotely run programs in particular MYOB. I do not have dedicated IP
>addresses (apart form those that belong to network cards).  Is it the ip
>address of one of the network cards that I would use?

It depends, is your internal office network attached to the internet
through a router? If so, it is the IP address of the router that you
will need. You will also need to open a tunnel through the router that
redirects the VPN (or PCAnywhere) ports to your work computer.

If each computer is connected directly to the internet then you use the
IP address of your computer.