[thelist] Site check: is front page visible / centred?

Chris Price chris.price at stl.org
Fri Aug 23 08:17:01 CDT 2002

When I open the first page in IE5 on Mac I see the Flash movie centred. If I disable plug-ins I just see the stuff in the background. But none of the links work.

The first thing that strikes me is: why are you using Flash at all? You will be getting all the drawbacks of Flash when you are not using the power of Flash.

When the logo in the middle is clicked I would expect to see the intro or at least something I have not seen before rather than a blank canvas.

I think you should also look at consistency throughout the site. The way it looks and how a user interacts with it.

I hope this is helpful

~:?<  Chris