[thelist] First Commercial Site. Check?

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:03:00 CDT 2002

Daniel,

While everyone is commenting about the usability/functionality of the site,
it is the design that I feel is particularly lacking.  I'm assuming this is
a fairly upscale restaurant with an established brand and branding message.
I'm also assuming that they put a lot of thought and money into having their
logo designed.  The site that you designed and built does not utilize their
brand at all, instead you built a fairly standard (slightly boring) website
for them.

The web is a marketing tool for this restaurant.  Use it as such.  Why are
people going to spend $30 for a piece of meat?  Because of the ambiance.
Try to capture or allude to some of that ambiance in the design of this
site, don't just use 1 pixel black table borders and photographs with drop
shadows.

Just my $0.02.

David
www.confluentforms.com