[thelist] Driving me nuts.

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Sat Aug 24 00:24:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Johnston" <chris at fuzzylizard.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Driving me nuts.

> I checked the pages out in both IE 6 and Mozilla 1.0 and they all look
> the same to me. I can not see what you are talking about. Everything
> looks fine.

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. What I was talking about was on the July 2002 archive
page, the main content <div> right hand border burst out wider than on other
pages using the same template causing a horizontal scroll and crowding the
nav <div> as well as not being lined up with both the top and bottom <div>.
After systematically going through the page I found that the problem
apparently was a <i> tag within <p>. As soon as I removed it, viola, back to
how it was supposed to be. This problem was only apparent in IE6. It looked
fine in Mozilla 1.0. Is this an IE6 bug, or is nesting <i> inside of <p>
goofiness on my part?
Daniel