[thelist] Flash ActionScript dilema

Jeff Lucido jlucido at version4.com
Mon Aug 26 16:19:01 CDT 2002

For the Flash Guru's out there:

I need to make an http call, but I don't want to go anywhere or open a
new window.  This is how it works.

We have a current process triggered by an anchor tag that points to a
URL with a cgi call to perform a specific task.  The target of the
anchor tag is set to a 1 pixel frame, therefore the user never leaves
the screen yet the cgi performs its task.  I want to perform the same
function sans the frame from a Flash movie.  All I need to do is make a
http call and that is it. Currently we are using the getURL() function
and it works except it opens another window with no document (but the
CGI action works).

I am using Flash MX on a Windows 2000 server.

Let me know if any of this makes no sense or if you happen to have the
answer.

Thanks for your help!
-JSLucido