[thelist] sql filtering problem

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 09:56:01 CDT 2002

*confused* this seems like an answer to a previous post which I haven't
received ?

 > >WHERE Brand LIKE 'aeg' and Product_Type LIKE 'Microwave'

I can see how that would work. I should of explained in a little
more detail.

the results page url -

brand_product.asp?Product_Type=Microwave&Brand=aeg

is the result of choices made over two pages each containing
a drop box. So case is not an issue.

I need to filter the result page by the two variables in the url.

Nothing I've tried so far has done the trick. It must be something
real simple but being a newbie with asp its rather difficult to spot.
At the moment I'm throwing everything I can think of at the problem.

> J -by Darren included references to the % (wildcard) token,

oops changed that to '1' I was using LIKE to try and solve the problem
and left the % in there.

any more ideas welcome,  please =8-)

Darren Yates
dn at dittodesign.co.uk