[thelist] UI: i find myself saying "click here" a lot.

Philip Warbasse info at warbassedesign.com
Tue Aug 27 12:33:00 CDT 2002

Hi Chris,

I think the examples that Tom just gave you are perfect.  I came across and
interesting article at Sun awhile ago which states in part "writing well for
the Web means taking advantage of the options the Web offers, but at the
same time, not calling attention to the Web. "Click here," "follow this
link," and "this Web site" are just a few self-referential terms to avoid.

Generally, if the words or phrases are specific to Web use, then they are
probably words to avoid. A good test of web-term overuse is to print the
page out, read it, and ask yourself if it makes as much sense on paper as it
does on screen." (source http://www.sun.com/980713/webwriting/wftw7.html)

Hope that helps give you some perspective.

Phil Warbasse
www.warbassedesign.com