[thelist] IE, Javasript, and Textranges

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Aug 27 16:11:01 CDT 2002

I'm using a text field as a go between on an IE only page so that I can
construct a string and copy it to the users clipboard.  The code sorta looks
like this:

string_im_building = 'This is line one\n';

[do a lot of contatenation here, using \n as the newline character]

document.all.myfield.value = string_im_building;

therange=document.all.myfield.createTextRange();
therange.execCommand("Copy");

It all works well, except that the contents of the clipboard don't seem to
have an line breaks.  Very frustrating.  Anybody have any ideas?

TIA,

-joshua