[thelist] Style Sheet by Browser

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Tue Aug 27 19:10:01 CDT 2002

I could be wrong about this, but when you use the method that you
outline below, are not both stylesheets read in by the browser? I have
used this method before and it has worked for me quite well as long as
every style that I outline in the netscape 4.x style sheet is overiden
in the import stylesheet.

I also reverse the order that I call the stylesheets.

<link REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css"
HREF="http://www.beachrentalvacations.com/css/css1.css">

<!--

@import url('http://www.beachrentalvacations.com/css/css2.css');

//-->

This allows the stylesheets to cascade properly. Usually the first
stylesheet will be smaller with less elements then the second one. I
also create one style sheet and then strip everything away that won't
work in netscape 4.x. This guarentees that all the same tags exist in
both css files.

//chris