[thelist] evolt's CMS tutorial - header errors

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Wed Aug 28 04:26:02 CDT 2002

Hi there,

has anyone gone through the CMS tutorials on evolt?
I've stumbled at the first hurdle and I can't work out why.

Tutorial:
http://www.evolt.org/article/The_ABCs_of_CMS_Part_II/20/25272/index.html

My test page:
http://www.1976design.com/testarea/cms/login.php

Registration works fine, but when I try to log-in I'm given a headers error:

**********
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/sites/site34/web/testarea/cms/cmslogin.php:3)
in /home/sites/site34/web/testarea/cms/cmslogin.php on line 52.
**********

and the final line listing (line 52 in this case) is always the line
appropriate for the login level (admin in this case):

**********
52: header("Location: admin.php"); exit;

The problem seems to lie in the cmslogin.php file. I have posted login.php and
cmslogin.php in plain text for you to see here:

http://www.1976design.com/testarea/cms/login.txt
http://www.1976design.com/testarea/cms/cmslogin.txt

I've tried removing the <? session_start(); ?> from the top of cmslogin.php
and that just causes another error.

Can anyone spot the problem?
(Could you also include me in replies as I'm in digest mode).

Thanks very much - dunstan