[thelist] Image Ready

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Wed Aug 28 07:47:01 CDT 2002

animated gif as a format is somewhat limited -- constrained by
bandwidth, among other issues.

it is also true that imageready is not particularly sophisticated in
terms of its motion tools -- most useable effects have to be finessed
by the creator, usually frame by frame. it takes skill and patience!

if you want the effect of smooth motion across an area in 8 frames,
it might improve the illusion to add directional motion blur to some
of the frames. there is a 'motion blur' filter in either photoshop or
imageready, probably both, since they share filters. experiment.

#  Lloyd Dunn : ll at detritus.net
#  The Tape-beatles and Public Works Productions : http://pwp.detritus.net/
#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/
#  Address | c/o Heckovi, Veltruská 531/9, Prosek, 19000 Praha-9, CZ
#  Mobile  | +42 0732 283 221