[thelist] PHP Apache & MySql the next step

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 05:07:01 CDT 2002

Thank you

just a couple of things I haven't tested anything yet!

start up for MySql I dont have anything in start or in programmes or on the
desktop!

If I want to start somethjng that is console like I have to go to

explorer the C:\mysql\bin and open MySqlManager  does this sound right?

Andrew

>I am 9x (win98) so I have checked out the console, the bit that was thrwing
me
>was the username password and port?  so this is setup within the php
config? or
>apache?

IIRC MySQL on win32 has only one user ... root with no password.

Port is the same as the default setting ... so to connect without creating
anymore users you'd just do

mysql_pconnect( 'Localhost' , 'root' , ''  )

(off the top of my head .. the ordering  of the arguments might be wrong but
you get the idea ;) )

Rob

---