[thelist] PHP Apache & MySql the next step

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Aug 29 08:00:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
ok Mysql is running now, which it wasn't before!! only the manger was!

but I cant vconnect to it :(  I have a script running in apache/apache
group/htdocs/dir and it just doesn't want to connect? with this info
[/snip]

Make it simple, run the following as a php script; (substitutung username
and password of course)

<?php
//connect to & select database
if(!($connect = mysql_pconnect("127.0.0.1", "username", "password"))){
	print("Failed to connect to database!\n");
	exit();
	}
if(!mysql_select_db("test", $connect)){
	print("Failed to select database!\n");
	exit();
	}
?>

If either condition fails, then you can start troubleshooting. Unless I
completely misunderstand your situation as I am coming in late to the
thread.

HTH!

Jay

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003            *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                *
* New Braunfels, Texas                              *
* Contact jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com       *
* Want to present a paper or workshop? Contact now! *