[thelist] INTRANET: writing hyperlinks?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Aug 29 10:25:01 CDT 2002

Janet Green wrote:

> Now having said that - ok, we have several folks who use PDA's - I am not
> one of them, however, so I have no idea what they might conceivably ask for
> in the future. What kinds of things would they need to do with their PDA's
> that could be done via an intranet?

Not knowing your business, all I can say is: ask your users.

Customer list? Price list? Details of their health plan so they
have them when they visit the doctor? Ask 'em.

> Not so much an aversion as it was trying to save 2 steps - as a one-person
> shop with three websites to maintain and grow, I was thinking if I could link
> directly to the document, that would others of having to notify me of changes,
> and then me going out and moving the new version over to the webserver. As noted
> in my other post, though, I found a really GOOD reason why that's *exactly* what
> I should be doing. :) I need an assistant, bad!

Or at least a batch job to copy those documents over to the Web
server periodically :-)

Good luck,
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

     -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --