[thelist] Browser Stats

Michael Kimsal michael at tapinternet.com
Thu Aug 29 10:48:00 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 11:39, rudy wrote:

> as aardvark says,
>
>    "catering to that last 4-5% does not require an ugly site or
>     major design trade-offs... if you think they do, you probably
>     need to brush up on your skills..."
>
> so please don't keep trying to defend yourself with statements like
>
>   "having *one* set of HTML code that renders acceptably in
>    current  browsers as well as older browsers is impossible"

'acceptably' must have different meanings.  I'm perfectly
happy to use NS4.7 with the understanding that some things
won't look exactly the same as under IE6 or NS6.2.  Many
clients are not.  'Acceptable' to many people *we* deal with
means 'exact', and it's a pain and a half to try to educate
people as to why browsers render things differently.