[thelist] Software Rights, Responsabilities

Minid Weblogs minid at weblogs.com.ar
Thu Aug 29 11:57:01 CDT 2002

Estimado co-listers,

I want to ask something that i really doesn't know how can affect this in usa.

Let me see,

I'm a web developer, who has a company, who wants to sell a software
(web apps.) to a gov market.

My software should manage and make transactions over the Internet and as i said "manage" delicate data, it could be "very important" now, if something happens... like someone enter and hack all the damn thing...

What can save me from get in jail, or get sued...

Who has all the responsibilities for data loss?

Do i need to write an exclusive agreement that all the software "seems to work" but doesn't assure that data can't be lost?

I want to know to were i can go using an agreement and doesn't being sued or get in troubles.

Thanks in advice...

--
Saludos,
 Minid                            mailto:minid at weblogs.com.ar