[thelist] SQL: Eliminating Duplicates with .getRows()

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Tue Sep 3 00:14:01 CDT 2002

> > How can I prevent sign number "ZD1050" from
> > being returned as rows 2 AND 3?

> don't include the category in the result    ;o)

You know, I didn't take this as more than a joke, but you're right... I
don't need to display the category on the result page (but I do on the
product info page). I *do* need to include it in the search algorithm,
but I don't have to display it. That helps take out some of the
complexity involved...

> if it were me, i'd do a modified crosstab --

I'd probably do this differently too, if it wasn't due by the end of the
week... :)

Thanks a ton for your help, Rudy!

I.O.U. 1 beer. Or more.
Chicago beervolt sometime?