[thelist] ASP component for sending https POST information required

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Sep 4 03:54:00 CDT 2002

Hi folks!

I am building a credit card transaction system using a 3rd party supplier.
Their system requires that the card information is sent directly to their
server using an SSL encrypted POST transaction. Normally the information
would be sent directly from the users browser, but in our case we wish to
receive the information from the client to our server first and then have
our server send the POST information and receive a reply. We are using ASP
(not .NET).

Can anyone recommend a server component (preferably free) that will allow us
to do a https POST transaction to their server and receive a reply? Or is
there another way we should be looking at doing this (we do not have the
option of changing supplier).

Cheers for any suggestions.

.steve