[thelist] copycat/squatting of domain name

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Wed Sep 4 08:12:00 CDT 2002

% -----Original Message-----
% From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
% [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of carole guevin
% Sent: 04 September 2002 12:52
% To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
% Subject: RE: [thelist] copycat/squatting of domain name
%
% I think - if somebody has a contact with the press - especially at wired -
% it could make an interesting story.

<Journalist speaking>

Actually, no, it's a story that was done a million times
years ago.   And, looking at this logically, your chances
of actually losing traffic to a .tk site are basically
zero, and any hack worth his/her salt would notice that
you don't own the .com and wonder why in god's name you're
worried about .tk and not that.

Or, for that matter, why the people who bought .com before
you registered *your* 'copycat' domain aren't a more
sympathetic subject for an article.  Pots, kettles, etc.

Sorry to be blunt, but I think you might have lost some
perspective here.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com