[thelist] IE 5/Mac File Download Behavior

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Sep 4 09:18:01 CDT 2002

Can someone explain this to me?  On this page:

<http://216.234.235.161/index.cfm?FuseAction=page&PageID=4>

I have a list of files for downloading.  Now, each link calls the script
that pushes the file in question to the client-side (either it opens in the
browser or it downloads the file).

The script itself doesn't do anything spectacular.  At the moment, it
merely <CFLOCATION>s to the file.

Now, everything works great in every browser I can find...except for
IE5/Mac (specific version doesn't seem to matter and neither does OS 9/OS
X).  It opens the file (in "Preview" in OS X) after it saves the file on
the desktop as the PDF, but gives it the name of "index.cfm," which means,
at least on my machine at home, I can't reopen it without renaming it.

Does anyone know of a way around this behavior, to give it the correct file
name?  I tried searching on Google, but I wasn't even sure how to describe
this problem to a search engine. :)

Thanks!

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

Not an Emergency: "AudioGalaxy doesn't work anymore."
Emergency: "The server is on fire, bring the extinguisher!"
Please adjust your e-mail priorities accordingly.