[thelist] Cluster/Load Balancing Issues.....

Ditty, Chris - Memphis, TN CDitty at email.usps.gov
Thu Sep 5 09:17:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

Another toughy question for those of you that work with clusters/load balancers.
 We are about to roll out a service up here that allows our users to upload
files via http to our server.  The process works fine as is on a single box, but
when we throw it into a cluster, we need to gaurantee that it either stays on
that box or points to a specific box.

We thought about just pointing the upload to a specific IP address for the main
box, but the load balancer might end up sending the request to any of the boxes.

We thought about mapping a drive on both boxes to the same location, but since I
cannot get admin access to it, I can't make it work correctly.

If anyone can suggest anything, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris