[thelist] Mac Webservers

Burhan burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Thu Sep 5 20:10:01 CDT 2002

Hello Listees,

     I was wondering if there were any webservers available for Mac OS
     9? Also, is there a way to get PHP/Perl working on Mac OS9?
     Unfortunately for me, this is the platform I am forced to use
     (the site backend that I am designing is for a newspaper), and
     I am using PowerPC Macs (OS ver 9) as my dev. platform/production
     platform.

     As a last resort, I am hoping to convince the client to release
     on of their Macs, on which I plan to load Linux (YellowDog) and
     go from there. I'd rather not have to go this route.

     On a side note, for someone not too familiar with Macs, is there
     a way to do a shift+arrow key (which highlights text in the
     direction of the arrow in Windows) behavior in Macs? Finally, I
     can't seem to find an "End" key on a Mac keyboard. Do I need to
     change keyboards, or is that key not implemented?

     As always, your insights are appreciated,

--
| Burhan Khalid |