[thelist] CF: Request for Opinion

Steve Lewis slewis at macrovista.net
Fri Sep 6 14:08:16 CDT 2002

Joshua Olson wrote:
> While I agree with the above statement (I know the notorious cf-evolter as
> well), I do not necessarily agree that it should be in the application.cfm
> file.  Perhaps a better option would be to put the declaration in its own
> file and include that file into application.cfm with a cfinclude.  The

I have a separate directory which contains a set of these files,
included from the application.cfm, which are used for rebranding,
identifying the server's https hostname, and things like that.

Given that, I agree that puting these variables in a request/local
scoped struct unless you use CFML, in which case you would probably be
well served to store the struct in an XML file and include it from there.

-- Steve