[thelist] ASP + fileSystemObject + IIS5

Jason Hepi contact at hepi.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 15:47:01 CDT 2002

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to get the fileSystemObject working correctly with IIS5.
I've tried giving full access permissions to IUSR_MyMachineName for the
folder in which I want write to an existing XML file - but I'm still getting
the same response ... which appears to be nothing followed by a timeout.

This is the code from my ASP page:

Dim xmlStr

xmlStr = "<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""?>"
xmlStr = xmlStr & vbCrLf & "<timetable>"
xmlStr = xmlStr & vbCrLf & "<type>example data</type>"
xmlStr = xmlStr & vbCrLf & "</timetable>"

 Set fs = server.CreateObject("scripting.FilesystemObject")
 Set newXML =
fs.CreateTextFile("http://localhost/dev/client/asp/xml/timetable.xml", true)
 newXML.write(xmlStr)
 newXML.close