[thelist] Please help me kill MySQL on my iBook (before it kills me)

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Mon Sep 9 05:19:01 CDT 2002

> I don't know about OS X but on FreeBSD you can do kill <pid> pid being
> the
> process id, as im sure you know, from the command line and it will
> kill the
> process. have you tried that?

The problem I'm up against there is that I can't get the process id
from the command line, as I get the error message "Access denied for
user '@localhost' to database DATABASENAME".

Also, how will killing the process enable me to reset all the user
rights, so that I can regain access as root user?

Thanks and regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/>
AIM: mhoaim