[thelist] Please help me kill MySQL on my iBook (before it kills me)

Rich Gray richardgray at onetel.co.uk
Mon Sep 9 08:12:01 CDT 2002

Mark

2 things to try...

You can re-start the server telling it to skip using the grant tables - this
should allow access to all tables which should allow you to reset the root
password...

--skip-grant-tables

Also you can  re-create the default grant tables by deleteing some files and
running mysql_install_db script again... check the manual for how to achieve
this.

HTH
Rich