[thelist] CSS/XHTML Sitecheck request

Nik Schramm n at industriality.com
Mon Sep 9 11:03:01 CDT 2002

On 09.Sep.02 18:52 Chris Johnston wrote

> Looks goods to me. Nice layout and design. Very clean and easy to find
> ones way around.

Hi Chris,

thanks for your comments.

> The only confusing thing I found was with the menu
> system on the left hand side. If I click on a link I expect to go
> somewhere, whereas the bottom links (from the homepage) simply expand
> one area and collapse another. It took me several attempts to figure out
> what exactly was going on and how to get back to where I was in the menu
> system.
[...]
> I like the menu setup in Opera better then in IE or Mozilla, it is much
> easier to navigate and less confusing.

Yeah, fair enough.

Actually, when the time came to do the CSS for Opera (which is of course
unable to handle the JS/DOM scripts used to open/close the submenus on
the left and therefore had to get an all-open-all-the-time alternative)
I also thought "Hmm, interesting, looks clearer and works better". Only
trouble is, that in the near future the site will have even more
(sub-)menu options, which may just make the navigation too busy to handle.

I'll see what the general reaction turns out to be and maybe I'll revert
everyone (well, their browsers) to the Opera-style open menu for now and
deal with expansion when it becomes acute.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out for me.

--
/nik