[thelist] Out of the box

Geoff Sheridan web2k2 at premonition.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 09:50:24 CDT 2002

At 9:08 am -0500 10/9/02, lon.kraemer wrote:
>IMO, all these declarations would be useful:
>
>box-sizing: margin-box;
>box-sizing: border-box;
>box-sizing: padding-box;
>box-sizing: content-box;

Should these be introduced in CSS3 then I will be happy to look at
useful ways to use different box models in browsers which support
them.
Using the (albeit interesting) techniques ppk outlined at the start
of this thread *at the moment* would be a bad thing.

There are three different work-arounds needed to switch different browsers:
IE6 (xml prologue or invalid dtd)
Mozilla (-moz-box-sizing)
IE5 Mac (box-sizing)
to use the currently non-standard box model. My point is that if you
use this technique *now* you are using a technique which will cause
your design to fail in some standards compliant browsers.

Geoff