[thelist] image map to form fields...

kris burford kris at midtempo.net
Tue Sep 10 12:04:00 CDT 2002

hi all,

i've an image map at the top of the page that i want to write various
strings into a number of form fields elsewhere on a page. the image map is
not contained within the form tags. but the input and textarea tags all
have names. i've been trying to achieve it in javascript, but i'm not the
most proficient (i'm guessing i need client side scripting for this,
otherwise it's a php job).

is this actually possible?

tia

kris

<tip type="server testing" author="kris burford">

opensta (open system testing architecture - http://www.opensta.org/) is a
superb load testing resource. it's meant for "technically proficient"
users, but can be understood by those of modest ability (it took me a day
to work my way though it...). as the name implies, it's open-source.

it comes with a demo site that allows you to download and test within
certain parameters, thereby speeding up the learning curve and works on
both development and live servers.
</tip>