[thelist] should we use <p> within lists...

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Tue Sep 10 15:39:01 CDT 2002

From: "Dunstan Orchard" <dunstan at 1976design.com>
To: "evolt list" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: September 10, 2002, Tuesday 9:47 PM
Subject: [thelist] should we use <p> within lists...

> What are your thoughts on this matter?

In "Urdu Lyrics" section of my web site, I have always used <br> tag to breakup
the list items into sections. As I did it very successfully, therefore, I prefer
inside lists.
Despite of knowing HTML, I prefer to let Dreamweaver write the code for me. This
nice, wise software always closes <p> tag and jumps out of it when I ask it to
start a list.

> Has anyone else thought this thing through before?

If you are talking about breaking list items into sections then my answer is,
yes I did so. But the result was the usage of <br> tag.

> Should we be using <p> tags around all our content (except headings)?

Any HTML big guys here can answer this question. I don't know answer to it but I
am curious about it.

Hope this helps.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/