[thelist] Jaguar (Mac OS X 10.2), Sendmail and PHP

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 16:02:01 CDT 2002

On 2002/09/11 05:46 am, "Rich Gray" <richardgray at onetel.co.uk> wrote:

> Andy
>
> I 've never used Jaguar and unless I've missed the point completely here
> .... (which I probably have!) ... all you should need to do is put your
> ISP's smtp email server in your php.ini file for the item SMTP e.g.
> smtp.myisp.com. Once saved then if your running PHP as a module then restart
> your web server. As long as your online then PHP will send the email through
> your ISP's server...

Rich

I had considered that as a last resort, but the development machine is an
iBook, so it would be nice to have it using sendmail on localhost, so if
there wasn't a net connection it would store it, then retry when it
connected. Plus I wouldn't have to keep changing the ini file depending on
which ISP I'm dialled into (the machine goes onsite to client...)

> But I've a feeling that you've probably already tried that right?

No. I was aware of it, but wanted to get sendmail running if I could as a
more 'elegant' solution.

Andy