[thelist] Re: Html e-mail newsletter

Thomas Granger - TK - Filter java_fella at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 17:05:01 CDT 2002

Hi Jay,

We're building up a section of HTML Email articles at:
http://www.templatekit.com/articles.php?cat_type=A&cat_id=6

If you are relying on a desktop client to send your
email, you are going to have a very limited ability to
detect whether the recipient has the ability to
display proper HTML in their email.

Forwarding is going to be a problem no matter what
client you use...sorry.

Entourage is very sensative to MIME and format
setting, even requiring an Applescript in some cases
to be get it to work.

We brain dumped a bit on Entourage here:
http://www.templatekit.com/article.php?art_id=44

You can find some links to other Email information if
you dig around our site.

Thanks,

Tom

>>>Original Message Edited<<<

Whenever I try to send out an html newsletter,
recipients see the html
code
rather than the images/layout.

I coded it using relative links to the images (the
full
http://www.xxxxx.com) which I have on our server. The
client needs to be able to forward or cut-and-paste
the html to send it to other people but
when we try to do that, we see the html in the message
area.

We tried sending from Entourage and Outlook Express
and selected ³html² in
the ³format² pulldown window.

Thanks!

Jay