[thelist] SQL record filtering

Karen J. Bowen lists at miinx.com.au
Wed Sep 11 08:15:01 CDT 2002

dn at dittodesign.co.uk wrote:
> As simply as I can put it. I'm filtering down to 'Category' on the final
> page. However Category could have up to six different product types.
> I want to show just one record from each of these product types.
> Rather than the whole lot in that Category. Clicking on that product type
> then brings up the associated products.

If I understand your problem correctly, and if the actual product chosen
for each product type is arbitrary, then it sounds like you'd now need
to query the database for the number of product types in this final
Category, then get the first matching record for each of the
category/product type combinations.

Which could be quite easy or rather difficult depending on how your
database is structured.

Hope that gives you an idea to start with,
Karen
-------
Miinx Design & Development
e :: karen at miinx.com.au