[thelist] html in emails/newsletters

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Sep 11 11:56:01 CDT 2002

>However, I want the text to appear for those not seeing the html, and the
html to appear for those not seeing the text.

Have two separate lists: newsletter-text at foo.com and
newsletter-html at foo.com.

When the user subscribes have them specify which list they wish to be added
to.

If you have an existing list of e-mails and are just now creating the list,
I would send it plain-text with a polite notice at the top containing the
usual "if you wish to unsubscribe" info, as well as a "if you'd like to
receive this newsletter in html (graphical) format, go to this address"
message.

You may also consider archiving all issues online for historical browsing.

HTH,
-dave