[thelist] simple css question I believe - vertiable table cel l

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Wed Sep 11 14:04:01 CDT 2002

> I would have sworn that the element was not sanctioned or cross-browser.
> Time to pull out the books.

I imagine everyone is tired of this thread, but I double checked and I am
vilified:

http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/properties/position/vertalign.htm

<quote>
Netscape 4.x:
- This property only has an effect on images. Values of 'top', 'text-bottom'
and 'baseline' appear to be supported. Values of 'text-top', 'middle', and
'bottom' are recognized but appear to be incorrectly calculated.
</quote>

Of course, that depends on if you are still trying to support N4.

Josh