[thelist] Locking Dreamweaver template

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Sep 11 16:48:01 CDT 2002

I'm creating templates for the marketing folks, and obviously need to lock
code outside their sandbox. But when I create a new file from this template:

<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/template1.dwt.asp"
codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" --><%
Option Explicit
Dim thisSection, thisPage
thisSection = "company"
thisPage = "Template"
%>
<!--#include virtual="/lib/header.asp"-->
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Content1" -->

<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
<!--#include virtual="/lib/footer.asp"--><!-- InstanceEnd -->

It drops the cursor after the last bit of code, and they start their content
after the end of the page.

How can I tell DW not to allow them to add content *after* the end of the
page? I thought templates were locked outside the areas specified
'editable.'

Thanks.

joel