[thelist] iframes & javascript errors

Fernando Gómez fgomez at criba.edu.ar
Wed Sep 11 19:49:08 CDT 2002

Hi,

I'm a bit confused by the following problem. My platform is IE 5.5 on WinME.

An application I'm developing includes a set of iframes, on which I
initially load the homepages of some useful sites. While the document is

"Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of
a type that does not accept the focus."

The line referenced is precisely the one where one of these outer pages
tries to apply the focus to a form textbox.

My 2 questions are:

a. can this problem be avoided?
b. if not, can at least the error message be avoided?

I've made some experiments with window.onerror=null, which does not work
(and is a rather drastic solution), and also trying to register an onerror
event handler to the iframe's window... but assigning null to this iframe
element doesn't work.

(I use tabs for switching between these iframes and several other divs, so
maybe that none of the iframes is visible by the time their content is
loaded.)

I'll appreciate any help from the list!

Best wishes,

Fernando Gómez