[thelist] table borders lower-right

Roger Harness magic32 at jps.net
Thu Sep 12 00:03:01 CDT 2002

Last night, I was running at least one more program then I should have been,
as my system resources were getting *really* low. One of the apps running
was a freeware html (etc) text editor called Arachnophilia.

Usually, the program works basically flawlessly for me and what I need to
do, but those low resources  apparently effected it. I was working on a
simple table, with a one pixel border, 0 cellpadding, and 0 cellspacing.

When viewing the html page, the table was appearing with the proper 1 px
border, but the borders around the cells were only around the right side,
and lower edge of each cell.

I knew it was just my app wiggin' out on me, and restarting the computer
fixed it, but the thing is, the table looked *very* coooooool like that. Was
a simple 2 column, multi-row job, with titles and dates, and this effect
really popped it out, without being to...'flashy/gimmicky' etc.

Sooo, my question is, is there any way to re-produce that, on purpose? :)

I looked into table rules and voids and hsides/vsides etc, but evidently I'm
not bright enough to figure out a way, if one does indeed exist.

Is there some kinda css that'll do it?

tia,
-Roger Harness