[thelist] NS6+ only CSS

Brian W. Reaves brian at brianreaves.com
Thu Sep 12 10:38:01 CDT 2002

Pandy,

<snip>
Umm... what exactly is the problem?
</snip>

I was trying to create http://www.beachrentalvacations.com/index.php as a
liquid layout. I accomplished this except in NS6+ where the FLASH was either
too wide or too small. Due to this problem I made it fixed width, you must
have gone to the link after I made the change.

I will recreate the liquid layout and put it at
http://www.beachrentalvacations.com/index2.php if you view this page in NS6+
you will see the problem.

<snip>
#yourid    { max-width: 80%; min-width: 300px }
</snip>

I used a max-width once and it doesn’t help control the size of the FLASH in
NS6+. The other problem I have is the page was to be liquid so I do not know
what the max will be. Anyway, I added it again for you to see.

I guess I am going to go with a fixed width now, but if you have any other
ideas, it would be good to know for the future.

TIA,
B.