[thelist] ASP & SQL

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Sep 12 21:04:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:41 PM

> >> (oh, and if NULL values are an option, deal with accordingly)
> >
> >Yeah, that makes it even uglier.  :-)
>
> i resent the implied disrespect for nulls
>
> or did i just infer it?   ;o)
>
> nulls are glorious
>
> the only people who seem to have problems with nulls are people who don't
> know what they're for

There's definitely a difference from having a problem with NULL's and
acknowledging that some people will be overwhelmed when trying to
incorporate them into the conditionals of a query.  I agree, they are
nice... but, they can complicate conditionals fairly quickly--adding even
more wonderful OR's to the clause--unless you truly understand them.

Yeah, you inferred any disrespect, I assure you.

;)

-joshua