[thelist] mailing list scripts

Rob Schumann roblgs at cscoms.com
Thu Sep 12 22:21:01 CDT 2002

Hi,

I'm developing a newsletter that will need to be distributed to a mailing list of approx 40,000. The newsletter will be HTML formatted (not my advice, but some people are deaf to reason on this matter) with images embedded within it.

Clearly using php's "mail" function will get bogged down, so I need a script that is easy to interface to from php, but which is probably written in perl and interfaces to sendmail in such a way that the host server is not brought to its knees whenever the distribution is fired up.

Does anyone have any recommendations for such scripts to handle this (freeware or pay-for).

Thanks and hope to hear shortly

Regards

Rob