[thelist] Re: UK online banks for Mac users

Bird, Graham Graham.Bird at rspb.org.uk
Fri Sep 13 03:12:01 CDT 2002

Geoff,

Ignore this ill-informed gent. The Smile service used to be Java but is now
HTML. I have been a Smile member for several years now, both on 9 and X, and
it has always been fine.

I'm tempted to suspect that "Andy" is actually an employee of Lloyds with
his "avoid Co-op" nonsense. Not only do Smile have just about the best rates
in the industry, they are also the only BS7799 accredited online bank. As
well as that, if you're into such things, you can be safe in the knowledge
that they are also an ethical bank.

Smile have never publicised the fact that it works on Macs, but it does. Of
course, you couldn't have a "demo in-branch" because it doesn't have any
branches, but then that's why it's so good.

And by the way, their telephone service is outstanding.

Cheers,

Graham