[thelist] ASP & SQL

Erik Bennett ebennett at ecasd.k12.wi.us
Fri Sep 13 13:28:01 CDT 2002

<snip>
No, bad, grrr...

Just build one query. :-)

But, make it a dynamic query, such as:

HTH,
-joshua
</snip>

Thank you to everyone who wrote back about this. And an extra special thanks
to joshua. Your code works beautifully!

Now just one little thing. :-) I have the search page referencing itself,
but the problem is that on first call, it gives "WHERE 1=1" as the SQL
statement, and that returns the entire database. Is there a way to have the
table that displays the results be clear on the first pass through (meaning
when the page is first called)? Does that make sense? :-)

Also, all the talk about NULLs was interesting, if not over my head. Is
there any resources you can recommend for someone to learn about NULLs the
correct way, instead of the way that will leave me quaking in fear of the
NULL? :-D

::lays rose petals at the humble feet of the evolt SQL gurus::

Thanks again guys!

Erik

Erik Bennett
ECASD Webmaster				Network Accounts