[thelist] IE Scroll Problem?

Jennifer jen at avarweth.thechain.com
Fri Sep 13 21:16:01 CDT 2002

Hello, everyone! I have a weird little problem that is driving me up the
wall, and I hope you can help!

I'm trying to design my personal site to be standards-compliant and
accessible.

I like the colors of one of the W3C core styles for CSS
(http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/). So I've set it up, per directions, on
a test page. Things weren't displaying correctly, and I assumed it was my
fault. So I beat on my code until it was XHTML compliant. Problem is still
there.

I only see this in IE6. It displays correctly in Opera 6.03. They're the
only browsers I have right now.

When I load the page (http://www.avarweth.thechain.com/pMachine/ala.php),
everything looks right, but the page won't scroll more than, say, an inch.
It just sits there. If I click a link and then go back, I can scroll down
the length of the page.

I assume this is an IE bug. What can I do about it? Is there something else
I've missed?

I would appreciate any help any of you can give!

Thank you so much!
Jennifer