[thelist] IE Scroll Problem?

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Fri Sep 13 22:48:00 CDT 2002

(http://www.avarweth.thechain.com/pMachine/ala.php),
>everything looks right, but the page won't scroll more than, say, an
inch.
>It just sits there. If I click a link and then go back, I can scroll
down
>the length of the page.

First, the link above returns a 404. Just FYI...

But it sounds like you're describing the known bug in IE6 that results
in certain block-level elements getting cut off.

http://www.alistapart.com/bugs.html

This is the bugs page for alistapart -- the first thing listed on this
page is the bug we're -- or at least *I'm* ... <g> -- talking about.

Aaron Boodman (of youngpup.net and thelist fame) came up with a nifty
little workaround, which is described somewhere in here:

http://www.zeldman.com/daily/0802d.html#csslayoutrevisited

Good luck!

--Ken