[thelist] IE Scroll Problem?

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Sat Sep 14 14:35:00 CDT 2002

>From http://www.alistapart.com/bugs.html:

"UPDATE - 3 September 2002: a JavaScript workaround seems to have solved
the problem for now. More will be revealed."

And from http://www.zeldman.com/daily/0802d.html#csslayoutrevisited:

"Aaron Boodman wrote a tiny JavaScript function that, in the presence of
IE/Windows, iterates an existing property of the content block, causing
the page to reflow and display correctly. We've added Aaron's script to
ALA's primary, global JavaScript file, and the site now seems to work
correctly in Microsoft's flagship Windows browser. We also reported
Eddie and Aaron's findings to Microsoft to help that company fix its
browser bug in a future upgrade."

And here's the aforementioned code, pulled from one of their .js files:

----- START CODE -----
if (document.all && window.attachEvent) window.attachEvent("onload",
fixWinIE);
function fixWinIE() {
        if (document.body.scrollHeight <
document.all.content.offsetHeight) {
                document.all.content.style.display = 'block';
	}
}
----- / END CODE -----

Hope this helps!